Over-reliance on P-values
Confounding versus effect modification
“Parisi's results are consistent with previous studies suggesting that more severe psoriasis is a risk factor for major cardiovascular (CV) events independent of traditional risk factors routinely assessed in the clinical setting.”
Inception design versus prevalent cohort design
- Roubille C.
- Richer V.
- Starnino T.
- et al.
- Coronary artery disease in patients with psoriasis referred for coronary angiography.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 109: 976-980
- Chronic inflammatory disorders and risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus, coronary heart disease, and stroke: a population-based cohort study.Circulation. 2014; 130: 837-844
- The arrangement of field experiments.J Min Agric Gr Br. 1926; 33: 503-513
- The risk of stroke in patients with psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2009; 129: 2411-2418
- Risk of myocardial infarction in patients with psoriasis.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1735-1742
- Psoriasis and cardiovascular risk: strength in numbers.J Invest Dermatol. 2010; 130: 919-922
- Psoriasis and cardiovascular risk: strength in numbers, part II.J Invest Dermatol. 2011; 131: 1007-1010
- A dirty dozen: twelve p-value misconceptions.Semin Hematol. 2008; 45: 135-140
- Measures of effect and measures of association.in: Rothman K.J. Greenland S. Lash T. In Modern epidemiology. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA, USA2008: 51-70
- Analysis of epidemiology studies: evaluating the role of confounding.in: Mayrent S.L. Epidemiology in Medicine. Little, Brown and Company, Boston, MA, USA1987: 287-323
- Psoriasis and risk of nonfatal cardiovascular disease in U.S. women: a cohort study.Br J Dermatol. 2012; 166: 811-818
- Disease duration and severity impacts on long-term cardiovascular events in japanese patients with rheumatoid arthritis.J Cardiol. 2014; 64: 366-370
- Patients with severe psoriasis are at increased risk of cardiovascular mortality: Cohort study using the general practice research database.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 1000-1006
- Abnormal lipoprotein particles and cholesterol efflux capacity in patients with psoriasis.Atherosclerosis. 2012; 224: 218-221
- Systemic and vascular inflammation in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis as measured by [18F]-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography-computed tomography (FDG-PET/CT): a pilot study.Arch Dermatol. 2011; 147: 1031-1039
- Risk of major cardiovascular events in patients with psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis: a population-based cohort study.Ann Rheum Dis. 2015; 74: 326-332
- Psoriasis and the risk of major cardiovascular events: Cohort study using the clinical practice research datalink.J Invest Dermatol. 2015; 135: 2189-2197
- Psoriasis, inflammation, and vascular risk: a problem more than skin deep?.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 902-904
- The effects of tumour necrosis factor inhibitors, methotrexate, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and corticosteroids on cardiovascular events in rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2015; 74: 480-489
- Effect of psoriasis severity on hypertension control: a population-based study in the United Kingdom.JAMA Dermatol. 2015; 151: 161-169
JMG served as a consultant for Abbvie, Amgen, Celgene, Coherus, Eli Lilly, Janssen Biologics (formerly Centocor), Leo, Merck, Novartis, Endo, and Pfizer, receiving honoraria; receives research grants (to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania) from Abbvie, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Novartis Corp, Regeneron, and Pfizer; and received payment for continuing medical education work related to psoriasis. NNM is a full-time US government employee.
User LicenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy