Abbreviations:CVD (cardiovascular disease), GWAS (genome-wide association study), hBD2 (human β-defensin 2), JID (Journal of Investigative Dermatology), lncRNA (long noncoding RNA), miR (microRNA), TNF-α (tumor necrosis factor-α)
Epidemiology and Clinical Research
Access to care and drug survival
- Iskandar I.Y.
- Ashcroft D.M.
- Warren R.B.
- Evans I.
- McElhone K.
- Owen C.M.
- et al.
Advances in personalized medicine for psoriatic patients
- Zweegers J.
- van den Reek J.M.
- van de Kerkhof P.C.
- Otero M.E.
- Kuijpers A.L.
- Koetsier M.I.
- et al.
Antimicrobial peptides in psoriasis: from passive bystanders to active antigens
Where do the inflammatory pathways in the skin intersect adipocyte dysfunction?
Which skin antigens drive autoimmunity in psoriasis?
Genetic and Genomic Advances in Psoriasis
Advances in genetics
Advances in genomics
Conflict of Interest
- Melanocyte antigen triggers autoimmunity in human psoriasis.J Exp Med. 2015; 212: 2203-2212
- Psoriasis and major adverse cardiovascular events: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.J Am Heart Assoc. 2013; 2: e000062
- Genome-wide pathway analysis identifies genetic pathways associated with psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 593-602
- CD8+ T cells in psoriatic lesions preferentially use T-cell receptor V beta 3 and/or V beta 13.1 genes.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1994; 91: 9282-9286
- Psoriasis skin inflammation-induced microRNA-26b targets NCEH1 in underlying subcutaneous adipose tissue.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 640-648
- Integrative responses to IL-17 and TNF-alpha in human keratinocytes account for key inflammatory pathogenic circuits in psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2011; 131: 677-687
- Biologic therapy adherence, discontinuation, switching, and restarting among patients with psoriasis in the US Medicare population.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016; 74: 1057-1065
- Risk of myocardial infarction in patients with psoriasis.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1735-1741
- Psoriasis patients who are homozygous for the HLA-Cw*0602 allele have a 2.5-fold increased risk of developing psoriasis compared with Cw6 heterozygotes.Br J Dermatol. 2003; 148: 233-235
- Landscape of long noncoding RNAs in psoriatic and healthy skin.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 603-609
- Up-regulation of macrophage inflammatory protein-3 alpha/CCL20 and CC chemokine receptor 6 in psoriasis.J Immunol. 2000; 164: 6621-6632
- The critical role of neutral cholesterol ester hydrolase 1 in cholesterol removal from human macrophages.Circ Res. 2010; 107: 1387-1395
- Comparison of molecular signatures from multiple skin diseases identifies mechanisms of immunopathogenesis.J Invest Dermatol. 2015; 135: 151-159
- Patterns of biologic therapy use in the management of psoriasis: cohort study from the British Association of Dermatologists Biologic Interventions Register (BADBIR).Br J Dermatol. 2016; ([e-pub ahead of print])
- Biomarkers of an autoimmune skin disease–psoriasis.Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics. 2015; 13: 224-233
- Characterization of TNF-alpha- and IL-17A-mediated synergistic induction of DEFB4 gene expression in human keratinocytes through IκBζ.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 1608-1616
- Single-cell transcriptomics reveals that differentiation and spatial signatures shape epidermal and hair follicle heterogeneity.Cell Syst. 2016; 3: 221-237
- GlycA is a novel biomarker of inflammation and subclinical cardiovascular disease in psoriasis.Circ Res. 2016; ([e-pub ahead of print])
- MicroRNA-26 family is required for human adipogenesis and drives characteristics of brown adipocytes.Stem Cells. 2014; 32: 1578-1590
- The spectrum of mild to severe psoriasis vulgaris is defined by a common activation of IL-17 pathway genes, but with key differences in immune regulatory genes.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 2173-2182
- Molecular phenotyping small (Asian) versus large (Western) plaque psoriasis shows common activation of IL-17 pathway genes but different regulatory gene sets.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 161-172
- Psoriasis and cardiometabolic traits: modest association but distinct genetic architectures.J Invest Dermatol. 2015; 135: 1283-1293
- The antimicrobial peptide LL37 is a T-cell autoantigen in psoriasis.Nat Commun. 2014; 5: 5621
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells sense self-DNA coupled with antimicrobial peptide.Nature. 2007; 449: 564-569
- Transcriptome analysis of psoriasis in a large case-control sample: RNA-Seq rovides insights into disease mechanisms.J Invest Dermatol. 2014; 134: 1828-1838
- HLA-C*06:02 allele and response to IL-12/23 inhibition: results from the ustekinumab phase 3 psoriasis program.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 2364-2371
- Laser capture microdissection followed by next-generation sequencing identifies disease-related microRNAs in psoriatic skin that reflect systemic microRNA changes in psoriasis.Exp Dermatol. 2015; 24: 187-193
- Binding affinity and interaction of LL-37 with HLA-C*06:02 in psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 1901-1903
- CCR6 is required for epidermal trafficking of gammadelta-T cells in an IL-23-induced model of psoriasiform dermatitis.J Invest Dermatol. 2013; 133: 164-171
- Finding the missing heritability of complex diseases.Nature. 2009; 461: 747-753
- Developing a therapeutic range of adalimumab serum concentrations in management of psoriasis: a step toward personalized treatment.JAMA Dermatol. 2015; 151: 616-622
- The correlation of clinical efficacy, serum trough levels and antidrug antibodies in ustekinumab-treated patients with psoriasis in a clinical-practice setting.Br J Dermatol. 2015; 173: 855-857
- Complexity of the association between psoriasis and comorbidities.J Invest Dermatol. 2009; 129: 1601-1603
- Psoriasis and the risk of major cardiovascular events: cohort study using the clinical practice research datalink.J Invest Dermatol. 2015; 135: 2189-2197
- One SNP at a time: moving beyond GWAS in psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 567-573
- Sebaceous gland atrophy in psoriasis: an explanation for psoriatic alopecia?.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 1792-1800
- Specific binding and chemotactic activity of mBD4 and its functional orthologue hBD2 to CCR6-expressing cells.J Biol Chem. 2010; 285: 7028-7034
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide studies of psoriasis susceptibility reveals linkage to chromosomes 6p21 and 4q28-q31 in Caucasian and Chinese Hans population.J Invest Dermatol. 2004; 122: 1401-1405
- Genome-wide aAssociation analysis of psoriatic arthritis and cutaneous psoriasis reveals cifferences in their genetic architecture.Am J Hum Genet. 2015; 97: 816-836
- Human ss-defensin 3 and its mouse ortholog murine ss-defensin 14 activate Langerhans cells and exacerbate psoriasis-like skin inflammation in mice.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 723-727
- Cross-disease transcriptomics: unique IL-17A signaling in psoriasis lesions and an autoimmune PBMC signature.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 1820-1830
- Psoriasis in the US Medicare population: prevalence, treatment, and factors associated with biologic use.J Invest Dermatol. 2015; 135: 2955-2963
- Analysis of long non-coding RNAs highlights tissue-specific expression patterns and epigenetic profiles in normal and psoriatic skin.Genome Biol. 2015; 16: 24
- IL-17 responses are the dominant inflammatory signal linking inverse, erythrodermic, and chronic plaque psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 2498-2501
- Epigenome-wide association analysis identified nine skin DNA methylation loci for psoriasis.J Invest Dermatol. 2016; 136: 779-787
- Body mass index predicts discontinuation due to ineffectiveness and female sex predicts discontinuation due to side-effects in patients with psoriasis treated with adalimumab, etanercept or ustekinumab in daily practice: a prospective, comparative, long-term drug-survival study from the BioCAPTURE registry.Br J Dermatol. 2016; 175: 340-347
User licenseElsevier user license |
For non-commercial purposes:
- Read, print & download
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy